Sunday, August 12, 2007

I'm going to do it!

The title may grab your attention but I'm certain the rest of the post won't :). I've been dying to try steel cut oats in the crockpot...they're a pain (imo) to make on the stove top but I love those little buggers. Talk about nutty crunchy! The recipe I'm making today calls for skim milk but I'm going to try fiber-fortified soy milk instead. This will be my first foray using soy milk...hope it turns out because it's a big batch! I also cut up some apples and loaded it up with cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. Yummmmm. If this works out (in the crockpot), I'm going to give it a try with cranberries. Nice tart cranberries...perfect for heading into Fall!

You know...now that I'm thinking of it, I should go throw some of my homemade vanilla extract into the oatmeal and maybe a vanilla bean or two!

No comments: