Sunday, August 12, 2007

Honey & Patchouli

I've been on a honey kick lately...trying to find *the* perfect honey for my soy candles. It's not happening. Most of them are too cloyingly sweet. I have a couple more to try but what I have found is an absolutely amazing fragrance oil from Flicker's called Patchouli Honey. It's heavenly. It's the right amount of honey and the patchouli rounds it out nicely...gives it a natural earthiness (go figure - it's patchouli!) like you've just opened a fresh jar of honey from your local farmer's market. I've just spent the last 1/2 hour luxuriating in the tub with a body oil I just made and when I got out, slathered myself even more! Sadly, the Patchouli Honey isn't working in my soy candles but it's a definite keeper (and favorite) for B&B products.

Speaking of honey, my very favorite is from a guy local to me called Ames Farm's Single Source. My favorite is his Bergamot but it's very hard to come by. The honey has a cinnamon-like background that is just wonderful. I haven't been able to find it this past year...I'm hoping he has it at the market soon!

No comments: