Friday, August 10, 2007

Do you have a hobby you're completely obsessed with?

I sure do! My hobby is creating candles, cold-process soap, and other B&B toiletries. I'm obsessed. It has taken over my house and life. Ok - not my life but it could! I'm constantly trying new recipes and new fragrances. I'm in a candle-making phase right now (it comes and goes) and I have about 8 testers burning right now. It smells soooo good. I'm trying to find *the* perfect Orange Chiffon Cake. I can't narrow it down...

I've been doing this for 2 1/2 years. It all started when my husband bought me a soy candle kit for Christmas. Thousands of dollars later, I'm still like a kid in the candy store when a box of supplies comes.

The other thing I'm obsessed with is swaps! I make however many of a product, others make their stuff, we send to a hostess, and within a week or so, I have a box of goodies waiting for me to spoil myself silly! I just wrapped up a Candles for B&B swap (I was hostess...it was a big swap!) so I have 12 candles and 12 B&B products waiting for just the right moment. And the scents...oh the scents! I'm an absolute scent-whore!

I thought of turning this obsession into a business - even went down that path a bit - and then realized that I love to create. I *don't* love to produce!

And as much as I like to create my own stuff...I also love to buy it from others. Check out my links for some of my favorites! Help me support indy businesses!!!! It's so much more interesting than boring mass-produced crap.

No comments: